Friday, July 3, 2015

Charlotte Russe


This month's Daring bakers' challenge was to create either a Charlottle Royale or a Charlottle Russe. The latter was my choice, and it turned out to be a delicious creation!

There is a layer of cake at the bottom, and the treat is surrounded by ladyfingers. On the inside there is a Bavarian cream followed by a rhubarb mousse and a rhubarb glaze. 

I really liked working with the rhubarb! The sugar sweetened it, but it still added some tanginess. (I can't wait to do more with it!)

There are all sorts of variations that you can create! While it was a little bit of work, the end result was a light and delicate dessert. It would work well for a special event. 
My husband especially enjoyed this. He doesn't eat many sweets, so this was a special treat! 

For the cake and Bavarian cream recipes, go to: http://www.thedaringkitchen.com/recipe/charlottes


(I used cream cheese instead of the mascarpone in mine.)





No comments:

Post a Comment