Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lamingtons


Lamingtons were the challenge for the Daring Bakers in May.
 This is a treat from Australia/New Zealand. Traditionally, a sponge cake is cut, dipped in chocolate and then rolled in finely shredded coconut. 

And then are soo delicious!
 
I will have to make these again.

Lamingtons can also be made with pound or butter cake (probably others as well so long as they can hold their shape). Since my sponge cake did not turn out, (I will have to keep working on that one) I used a butter cake for this challenge.

They are also open to creativity - there are so many variations that you could create! When I ran out of coconut, I decided to experiment with crushed graham cracker instead. 
Although good, the traditional coconut was my favorite.


Happy baking! Let me know if you decide to try lamingtons or any variation of them! There's nothing like a good baking challenge- it's a great way to expand your knowledge. :)

For a recipe, go to http://www.thedaringkitchen.com/recipe/lamingtons

Also, if you are in the United States, it seems that her Corn Starch is not the same as our yellow corn starch. You may need a different recipe. 
For the butter cake recipe I used, go to 

1 comment:

  1. These look great! Congrats on also completing this month's Daring Kitchen Bakers Challenge also!

    ReplyDelete